Friday, March 4, 2011

Just Moved to Colombo

I have just moved back to Colombo after being away from Sri Lanka for almost 13 years!

For starters, its great to be back HOME.

The only issue is, despite coming back to Sri Lanka on holidays every single year (and in some years two or three times) I find that I'm completely lost when it comes to settling down and figuring out how things work in Colombo.

I feel the biggest issue is that I've never really run my own home here,as I was living with my parents when I left to Melbourne for University in 1998. So, now I'm not only living in Sri Lanka, but is running my own home and raising my 2 toddler kids (not to mention my husband), and working at the same time, in my old but yet new home.

In away, I guess this blog is a survival guide to Living In Colombo. I feel there are many others like me making Colombo their new (or old) home, and will want to share their experiences, joys, frustrations, and just reach out for help on how to survive.

I don't want to keep this blog to any specific area but I think its safe to say, considering my present life, that I will be discussing issues that are related to young career oriented mothers and even to the Stay-At-Home moms (Strictly NO House Wives!).

I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts an adventures and I look forward to your participation in letting others know your thoughts on issues and topics that may interest you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment